Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sunny days

With the arrival of warm weather, many segments of the population have emerged from their winter hibernation. Children are allowed outside with exposed skin, the elderly sit and chat in parks, and everyone moves at a slightly less rushed pace. In the classroom, there is a slightly increased eagerness (for both the students and the teacher) for the class to finish so they can just get outside. Yesterday when the team went to meet the Edgars at the train station, I noticed another group of people enjoying the change in the weather. Along the main drag of the main street downtown there were about a dozen fortune tellers. Each fortune teller had two wooden sticks to bang together (to draw attention?) and sets of cards and charts spread out on a piece of paper in front of them. I've noticed fortune tellers before, but never so many in one place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.