Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Blessed

It's been nice this week to relax and soak up the sun around Chiang Mai. After only one week of intensive classes, I hardly feel deserving of the break (especially since most people are still in class). But I have been enjoying the freedom and the leisurely pace. Yesterday, I took the afternoon to wander around with my camera. I stumbled upon two unique Wats (temples), and at one enjoyed a long conversation with one of the monks. He was actually Cambodian and it was interesting to hear about his background. As I walked around I was just hit with how incredibly blessed I am by the opportunity to see and learn about so many cultures different from my own. This job and life is never one I would have chosen for myself, but I'm continually encouraged and surprised by the paths the Father leads me down.

No comments: