Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's all about the people

The last two weeks have been filled to the brim with good classes, good food, and most importantly, good friends. Wheaton is always one of my favorite stops of the summer because: a) I'm a nerd and I like going to class and writing papers, b) Chicago in the summer is just about as good as it gets, c) I get to see dear friends who serve across Asia and show them around "my town", d) I get to worship with a community of people I love, e) I get to sit and talk and just be with amazing friends. Most of the time I was too busy drinking in the moment to pull out my camera, but here are a few shots of the people and places that made the time pretty much perfect.

Like I said, there's nothing like Chicago in the summer. Perfect temperatures. Beautiful evening. Free opera in the park. Good friends. Yes, please.

I was blessed by the hospitality of Greg & Noel, who fed me, provided a comfy bed, made mudslides, taught me a new card game, and got me addicted to hewering orcs on PS2.

Every summer Rachel cooks at least one meal for me, and every summer I'm reminded why I keep her around as a friend. :) Ok, even if she wasn't an amazing cook, I'd still be her friend. But it sure is a nice perk! That and the fact that we can talk for hours on end.
These are just a few of my classmates who are graduating from the program this summer. I'm going to miss learning with and from them!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your post made me think of a Maori proverb I have read.

He aha te mea nui ki tēnei ao?
He tangata, he tangata, he tangata.


What's the most important thing in the world?
It's people, it's people, it's people.