Friday, July 24, 2009

Confession

I'll go ahead and admit it. I'm a little bit of a snob. I love a good glass of wine, a good meal, and a good dose of culture. Due to the fact that for a majority of the year I live in a small city in China, where art museums and free opera in the park are hard to come by, it's been a treat to indulge in a bit of snobbery this summer. I have been frequently jumping on the treadmill in the attempt to justify caloric extravagances such as linguine in a white wine and truffle oil sauce with grilled asparagus. Let me tell you, that was well worth a two mile run.

Earlier this week my mom and I headed out to the Indianapolis Museum of Art. She patiently waited (and wisely brought a book) while I soaked in the surroundings with camera in hand. It was a delightful afternoon, as we moved from appreciating the artistry in the petals of an orchid to the metaphor of thousands of hands supporting a floor. Below are a few of my favorite shots from the day.






No comments: