Sunday, July 13, 2008

Returning to the ivory tower

It's hard to believe I've already been in the States for three weeks--the time has been flying by! I greatly enjoyed my time with Ethan; it's hard to accept the fact that the next time I'll see him he'll be walking. I hate to be so far away during his first year. Watching Samantha grow up this past year, I know how quickly they change! Below is one of my favorite pictures of the little guy.

After being relieved of baby duty, I headed over to spend a couple days with a dear friend. It was an incredibly relaxing and rejuvenating time. I absolutely love the opportunity I have in the summers to interact face to face with those closest to me. I am continually amazed at how the Father continues to knit our hearts together despite such a great distance. Heather and I had our annual miniature golf tournament (the Mordt tournament). Due to an ill placed water hazard, I ended up losing by one stroke. Next year...

I have now finished my first week in the "ivory tower" of Wheaton. It has been incredibly refreshing to be back in the midst of my community here. I love how Abraham had certain places in the promised land where he would plant trees of remembrance in places he called upon the Father so that he could return to them again to call on the Father again. If I planted such trees, a big one would be here in Wheaton. This place is just one of those special places where He communicates clearly with me. Class this week was incredibly powerful--but also exhausting! Despite that fact, I found myself at the end of each day not wanting the class to end. We have the same professor (different class) this coming week, which makes me excited to see what's in store!

No comments: