Sunday, March 9, 2008

End of week one

It's hard to believe I've only been back "at work" for a week! There has been quite a bit of activity since I received my class schedule late last Saturday night. This term is looking like it will be a busy one, but I'm also really excited about the schedule I have. This semester I'll be teaching two sections of junior advanced listening, two sections of sophomore writing, and one section of sophomore oral. I've previously taught the students in three of those classes before, which helps with the name learning process! Wednesday morning is shaping up to be one of my favorite mornings; as I get to teach both halves of sophomore class 5. This is my third semester teaching this class and they're just a delight!

It's been really good to get back into a schedule and to catch up with friends. Meals have been packed with the latter of those activities. It's been fun to reconnect
with old and current students. It was fun to go back to the orphanage to see how big all the babies had gotten in the past month and a half! The young ones forgot us foreigners, which led to a tearful first reunion, but they're getting used to us again. We continue to be blessed with our relationship there. This week, one of the baby girls will be heading in for her cleft palette surgery. Keep her in your thoughts!

There is much to be thankful for in the past week...but the overall summary is I've been reminded of how much I really do love my work!

No comments: