Friday, February 29, 2008

Back on the bike

Yesterday was an unseasonably warm 50 degrees. That added to the fact that it was a sunny day with blue skies made taking the Ragin' MK out for a ride absolutely irresistible. I pulled a very dusty and dirty bike, whose handlebars had obviously served as a cold night's snack for some rodent, out of the storage shed and pumped up the tires with excitement. However, it didn't take long to realize that my winter's hibernation coupled with gorging myself on pizza and steak in Thailand had resulted in being extremely out of shape. The first leg of my ride went just fine--I was blissfully unaware that a mighty strong wind was helping to propel me far away from campus. That is, blissfully unaware until I turned to go the other direction. That's when the pain began and questions of, "why on earth did I ride out so far?" began to plague my mind. There were moments during strong gusts of wind where I was quite certain I wasn't making any forward progress at all. I began to wonder if I would have to hop in a taxi to make it home. However, with the mantra "just keep pedaling" circling through my head (to the tune of Dori's annoying little mantra from Finding Nemo), I eventually made it home. The soreness I feel today further proves that there is much work to be done this spring...

Still waiting for our class schedules, true to China fashion. Blogger is actually up and running in China today, hence the changes to the blog. It's nice not to have to edit by way of my tricky back door shenanigans.

No comments: